OK, I'll try to make this story as short as possible: A few weeks ago I discovered a small lump on her belly. They did surgery to remove 'it' and it turned out to be a 12" long fatty tumor! The incision is about 6" long - staples, and all that jazz. I've taken her in a couple times for check-ups, etc and all seemed well. Somehow though it got infected and she looked like she injured herself (but we don't know how). she was lathargic and was so swelled up and had a fever. she's doing better but still not great. an x-ray did not show any breaks. they're draining fluid right now (lovely), and she doesn't even stand or move yet. she'll purr though when you pet her and is doing better (though she doesn't look it). UH!
i always said i'd never spend money on a cat, but here i am. she sleeps w/me everynight and is so friendly and affectionate to anyone (sometimes annoyingly affectionate). she'll come home tomorrow and then i'm going out of town so it's all up to ryan then.
jacob and kate (she's so sweet!):
2 comments:
man lindsay, my face is like 2" longer than yours!
Awwww, I hope Francis gets soon better! Dan swore he would NEVER love cats, and he would do anything for Abbie. They are certainly more independent than dogs but are still so loving and cuddly in their own way!
Post a Comment