i wish i had taken real 'before and after' pics, but i didn't. we bought our 1948 house almost 3 years ago and the vanity, fixtures, and medicine cabinet seemed new(ish), but were the cheapest of the cheap.
Well, we officially started this project in June of '08 and we have just a couple little things left to do. Obviously we didn't work on it constantly - a little here and there. Oh, and Ryan did most of it!!! He's a great handyman. He just looks in his electrical or plumbing DIY books and hopes for the best!
What we did:
new tile floor, new vanity, countertop, and faucet, 'new' mirror, 2 new can lights over the tub which Ryan wired to a new light switch, new plumbing in the wall for the tub (all Ryan again), new bathtub hardware, refinished and painted the wood trim around the window and door, new shower curtain and window blind, new tile on bathtub walls, lots of patching, sanding, and then paint on the walls. we did keep the toilet but got a new seat (which ryan wrapped and put under the christmas tree for me).
I always say: 'no more house projects for a while!' - but I know we'll always come up with something to work on. ;)
6 comments:
Love it! The colors are perfect. What else would you expect from 2 architects? Try Ikea for shelves, they're reasonable and usually have a pretty good selection.
Amie
LOVE IT! Can you come do ours when we buy a home! :) That pic of you and Hank in the mirror in the "old" bathroom is too cute!
It's like from a home make over show! Beautiful... and if you're going to have one bathroom, that should be it!
It looks great! I can't believe Ryan did all of that stuff on his own! Bryce hates home improvements and I always think I can do stuff, but I really can't, so...lol...not too many home improvements have gone on at our home...haha!
Looks so good! You guys do great work...can we hire you on for our bathroom?
looks a little like ours! love it, you guys did a great job
Post a Comment