Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Francis

As most of you have heard, Franny was put to sleep on Friday last week.
I've felt a lot better yesterday and today, but Thurs-Sunday was pretty emotional. The pictures below were taken Thursday night. She was just cat-napping on my lap (on the lap tray), she wasn't (notably) in pain or sick, if it makes you feel better looking at the pics. I felt she had gone down-hill in the last week but I'm sure she could have hung around for a couple more (but probably would have been in more discomfort). She was still eating good too.




She was just such a nice little pal to have around the house. She was by my side so many hours of the day (and night) that once she was gone I really missed her presence. She'd often wake me up w/her wet nose. Then she'd hang out in the bathroom on the vanity while I got ready and would wait to hop in the shower and lap up water and would quietly watch the drips. She'd hang around in the kitchen, hoping to get a bite of Hank's frozen waffle. She'd often jump up on the table (yes, a weakly enforced no-no) and Hank would scold her 'No No, Fra-Fra! Fra-Fra, get down!'.
That's just some snippets of the morning routine. If I was on the computer, she'd want to lay on my lap. If we were outside, she'd be a few feet away, chewing on mulch, pouncing on bugs, etc. She loved people and wanted to be around us as much as she could.
I'm surprised that Hank hasn't asked about her hardly at all (just once Friday afternoon). 'Out of sight, out of mind' perhaps. It would make me sad if he did ask about her, and it kind of makes me sad that he hasn't asked about her. Our other cat, Moshe, has been gone a lot this summer (in fact, we wonder if he has a second home). But since Thurs. night he's been home a lot, so now Hank is into him. Dee wondered if Moshe didn't stay home much because he sensed something was wrong with the other cat. who knows.
She was a good kitty. Life goes on, time eases the pain. I'll really miss her.

3 comments:

Melon said...

I'm so sorry Adria.

Manda P. said...

Love the photos of her. She sounds like she was such a lover and huge part of your family. You are right about time easing pain, slowly but surely you will heal. My thoughts are with you, I know how hard it is to go through this.

TheJacquets4 said...

So sorry :( She looks so sweet!