Thursday, September 17, 2009

What's in your yard?!

Bring it indoors and have some fresh arrangements to brighten things up!
My planter boxes have gotten pretty scraggley (sp?) over the last month and it's time to clean them out. I thought these plants would be interesting to have in the house, so here they are. I esp. love having a little something in the bathroom. I should bring home old flowers more than I do (or even new flowers at wholesale!). I get a lot of random, slightly chipped or odd, donated vases from my work. I also find vases at antique stores and garage sales. I probably have 30-40 mis-matched vases stored away! You could use all sorts of containers though - different glasses, pitchers, etc.

This is a Honeysuckle bush (I think). I am NO plant expert! That is for sure! I'm learning though.

(If you have any that aren't bug-eaten), Hosta leaves are pretty. We use them at the store. You could add them to some of your greenery from your yard.

3 comments:

TheJacquets4 said...

I always see them do that on my favorite home shows! Beautiful!

Heather M. said...

I love the colors of the coleus. You should let them root in the water, plant them in potting soil for the winter, and then transplant them back to your planter boxes in the spring... recycling at it's finest. And I LOVE the larger round vase, not something you see everyday.

Lisa Pisa said...

I have some major landscaping to do next year. It's been just sssooo hot and dry here, nothing is alive anymore. I've lost two crepe myrtles and my pretty geranium I planted the day before kendall was born :( Darn drought! Can't wait to landscape in the Spring, though! I just love that stuff! Wanna help!?!