Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm 29 years and 8 days old


Yep, I had a Birthday last week (the 4th) - my last year in my 20's!!! It kind of slipped by this year because a lot of people were sick in the fam (including myself), but maybe we'll celebrate this weekend in Breckenridge.
I've been having trouble with my Crohn's again (fevers, nausea, getting sick, stomach pains), but am doing way better now. Since I've been nursing I've been off of one of my medicines. I'm on a new medicine temporarily and it seems to be helping. I have to be pretty cautious with what I eat and it aggrivates me to have limits (makes me want greasy fries and a giant coke even more!). I've been lucky to not have been bothered much for the last 4 years though.
In the world of Hank: He's 8 months old now and just cut his 2nd tooth (7 long weeks after the first!). He's all over the place - walking around furniture, pulling up on anything (esp. my leg!). He's talking more too: babababa and mamama. lots of fun gibberish. his new difficulty is hating having his diaper changed. he refuses to lay still and insists on rolling over. sometimes i feel like i'm in a wrestling match and i've had to get pretty creative (like attempting to put on a diaper while he's sitting up). He's getting 3 formula feedings a day now. I wanted to nurse longer but I do like the freedom. What stabs me in the heart is paying $25 for a can of powder when breastfeeding was free! Oh well, kids cost money, right?

It's Valentine's week! and the flowershop is jam-packed with gorgeous blooms. it was exciting when we got our big shipment in from the dutch. I worked today and will work Wed. and Thurs. It's kind of crazy how far we deliver around town! Most delivery fees are $6-$10 but today I headed south to Stanley for a low rate of $22. um...there might be other flower shops down south! guess they prefer us.

On Friday we're off to Breckenridge! Hank, my mom, and I are flying and my dad, Ryan, Lindsay, Malachi, and 2 of Ryan's cousins are driving. No one would really enjoy sitting next to a strapped-down Hank for 10 hours +. The guys plan on skiing 3 days and my sister and I will probably just ski one. We like to do other site-seeing and shopping too. I'm looking forward to some fun game nights in the condo (and maybe a couple hours in a pub?! ...though I should probably stick to 7-Up these days). I'm sure I'll have lots of white mountain pics to post when we get back!
(the football butt picture is hank's super bowl outfit that Joe and Dee bought when they were in Arizona. check out the double swirls on this head. that'll be fun to comb when he gets older!)

8 comments:

Lisa Pisa said...

Oh, a trip to Brekenridge sounds like so much fun!!!!

I remember the wrestling diaper changes....sigh....that was frustrating!

I can understand liking the freedom of formula versus breastfeeding. I read this thing the other day about this lady who still breastfeeds her 5-year old son three times a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!! No thanks!

Adria Hunter said...

lisa - a 5 year old?! ick!

Manda P. said...

Cute pics, I love his penguin outfit.....so adorable. Glad you are feeling better. I know what you mean about last bday in the 20's, mine is coming up in May and I can't believe it....ahhhh the big 3-0 next year....WHAT?!?!?

Melon said...

Happy Late Birthday and Hank is such a cutie! Have fun in Breckenridge!

I liked the freedom that formula gave me too...that and I think it helped Steve and Liam bond alot! It gave them special lovey time too. And a 5 year old? Craziness! I'm pretty sure I would have stopped way before then...kindergarten lady! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah we have a family member that her 5-yold didn't want to go to school... and didn't until he was 6 b/c he was still breastfeeding. Craziness!

Enjoy Breckenridge! I know it will be fun with the fam!!

TheJacquets4 said...

Happy birthday! I'm almost there with you in about 2 weeks! Have a fun trip- take lots of pictures!

Heather Joy said...

Hank looks so different! I have been neglecting all the blogs lately so I hadn't seen him in awhile. What a cutie!

Heather Joy said...

Oh, wal-mart and sam's sell their own brand of formula that to the letter is the exact same as enfamil. The consistentcy is different but Reven eats that and has no problems. It also costs about half as much!