Friday, July 3, 2009

Bowen/Miller Wedding

I thought this was a neat picture against the red barn.
Racheal Bowen and John Miller were married last weekend at High Prairie Church and the reception was at the Wy. Co. Agricultural Museum. I never knew there was a whole back part to the museum with a barn-like reception hall, train depot, other farm buildings.... very picturesque.
The kegs were in the silo (wait, what's my whole family doing in there?). ;)

The Millers, Richeys, Woods (and others) - what a fun family! This is a picture of all the cousins and cousins kids. For those of you from Lansing that are my age you would probably know Jessica and Lucas Wood. The other cousins are quite a bit younger than us but they were all stair-stepped with my siblings. We were all in 4-H together and my mom went to HS w/their moms.

This was a wall arangement (1 of 4) at High Prairie that was brought out to the reception.
Oh, did I mention it was 97 degrees that day?!! Scary for a florist!!! It really cooled down that evening though.
I did the flowers for the wedding and sadly, so, so, sadly, I hardly have any pictures of them. I just get busy and don't take the time to snap a few (dumb!). I always think that the quality won't be very good if I don't take the time to set up a sheet outside or something. I'm also not the fastest florist out there. I think it's not so much that I'm slow, but I was the same type of designer in college: if you have more time, you use every bit you can to make things look absolutely perfect. Still, it would have been nice to have gone to the wedding (yes, I missed the ceremony!!). I was taking my sweet time on perfecting the church pieces and by the time I needed to drive to the reception I wasn't going to be able to get back in time. Oh well, live and learn. :) I was very happy with how most things came out. Making the bouquets are always my favorite part. I really do LOVE doing weddings. I'll let you know when I get pictures from the photographer to put on my floral blog.

7 comments:

Manda P. said...

The flowers are so pretty, can't wait to see more. That sucks about missing there ceremony, I am not the fastest in everything I do either! It's a good trait! ;) hee hee

Anonymous said...

I love the shot of all the flowers in the kitchen! Great job on the arrangements!!!

TheJacquets4 said...

You guys look great. I love your wedding flowers. Isn't it fun to get paid doing what you love to do?

LindsiDee said...

Ok, I had no idea that you did flowers! You are a jack of all trades! Wow! They look fabulous. Where was Jessica Wood in the pics. I couldn't find her?

Linds

PS. You would have been a dynamic Lionette! :) Seriously

Kristen said...

I love seeing your family, it just makes me smile. Good job on the flowers...I am about to start interviewing/seeking a florist for our wedding....wish you were in Charlotte!

Lisa Pisa said...

I love the red barn pic!!!! And the wall arrangement you managed to get a pic of is so pretty!!!!!

Melon said...

Fun stuff! I always love to see what you do with your flowers!