Friday, September 11, 2009

my catch up pictures

New pants and shoes, thanks to the Osage Beach outlets. I know a lot of 70 year old men that have similar outfits and body types (hiding the pot belly!).

Jim Bray's wedding
(don't mind the giant vodka bottle in front of me)
after driving 4 hours home from vacation, i zipped out to leavenworth to join in some of the festivities. it turned out to be a friday wedding and i had it on the calendar as a sat. for a couple months. i knew we would be too rushed to properly attend, so i just went late to the reception. Susan and Rod Bray are really close friends of my parents. I didn't want to miss out because I knew I'd see so many familiar faces, of all generations. My parents have a very close group of friends from HS (Bray's, Elliot's, Slater's, Guthrie's, Robinson's, Miller's, Ritchey's...) and I've grown up seeing them and their kids since I was born. They all like to party - it's always a fun time seeing them. Now the 'kids' are starting to have kids so it's fun to see them too.
anyone want to set up a blind date w/this catch?!
my siblings were the bar tenders for the Bray's wedding and I helped for a while too because it ended up being a little more work than expected. I enjoyed it though - being useful and getting to chat w/everyone that comes up.
Leavenworth County Fair:
Hank on the fire truck

Lindsay w/her favorite food: MEAT!
John's demolition derby car (above), Ellie's below. It was both of their first times. They were the 4th to go out (out of about 8-9 cars), so not winners, but not losers. Hank likes watching and sat real good.


Blue Heron Lake:

This is the infamous party cove my brothers and others set up a couple years ago. This pond is far back on my parent's property. They have really decked out this cabin (a bar, generater, ceiling fan, stereo, etc). There is a zip cord into the lake and a paddle boat. My mom had some girl friends over a couple days before she had to go back to school and these 50 year olds did the zip cord! No cameras were allowed. I am the only family member that hasn't been in the pond yet. I have my reasons.... I'm sure I'll get in someday.

On the other side of 'Blue Heron Lake' they've built a sand volleyball court. Ellie hosted an official tournament and this is our team. We were undefeated all day but lost in the championship game. Hank just came out during the last hour. He kind of gets in the way; poor kid. He wants to play too!
The volleyball players (a few people had already left). The winners got an old 4-H cattle trophy. ;)

3 comments:

Melon said...

Look at all that fun you guys have!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe anyone could part with an old 4-H trophy. I plan on taking all of my 4-H trophies to the old folks home when I go.
Mandy

Manda P. said...

LOL, Mandy I agree, I have all my rabbit ones saved up just for that! You guys always have some family fun! I am jealous of the sand volleyball pit!