My growing boy is 5 months old now! He really seems to be doing so much these days. He giggles and smiles easily for me - it's so much fun. Sometimes when I'm simply wiping spit up or drool off of his chest or chin he starts laughing too; he's pretty ticklish!
He's really sitting well all of a sudden too. He can sit on his own for quite a while now (quite a while being a minute or so). I only have to have a hand ready to catch him or I can just prop the boppy around him and walk away for a bit in case he slumps over. His abs are really strong though, if he does fall back on the boppy he does a pretty good job at pulling back up into a sitting position. I think he's really liking the freedom to be able to grab toys. When he's on his belly he's really wiggling and scooting around too. Everything goes in his mouth these days. He'll grab for anything - I have to watch how close my dinner plate is now.
He's really sitting well all of a sudden too. He can sit on his own for quite a while now (quite a while being a minute or so). I only have to have a hand ready to catch him or I can just prop the boppy around him and walk away for a bit in case he slumps over. His abs are really strong though, if he does fall back on the boppy he does a pretty good job at pulling back up into a sitting position. I think he's really liking the freedom to be able to grab toys. When he's on his belly he's really wiggling and scooting around too. Everything goes in his mouth these days. He'll grab for anything - I have to watch how close my dinner plate is now.
We gave him cereal for the first time last night. It didn't really go that well. For some reason I thought he might love it. At first he seemed all about it (opening his mouth wide, really closing in on the spoon) but I think he just wanted to put that 'object' (the spoon) in his mouth. The cereal seemed way too watery though (according to the boxes directions) - maybe I'll thicken it up.
As a 5 month present to me he slept through the night again last night! I hope he starts that again.
He's so adorable - I can't get enough.
**Poll for the moms: what was your baby's first experience like with cereal?
4 comments:
Wow, 5 months already!!!!!!??!?!! It flies by, doesn't it?
Bryce and I just watched the video of Blake's first cereal on Blake's birthday last month...it was funny! I think the texture and flavor throws them for a loop! Later on, I mixed cereal in his food (especially fruits) to thicken it up....he liked that.
Yay for sleeping all night!!!!!
Oh my...you don't even want to know about Liam' 1st cereal experience. I think you probalby guessed it though...he was ALL ABOUT IT! Hence starting his love affair with all foods...see pics on our blog...it was very messy but he wanted more and more and mroe!!! ;)
Love the outfit!! Can't believe he's so big!! :) We'll have to get together again soon!
I love his outfit!! Sorry, don't have any cereal feeding stories, I can tell you that George(my boston terrier puppy) LOVES to eat him some dryer sheets! It's so gross, I try to keep him out of the trash but I can't tell you how many "poops" there are in the backyard with a dryer sheet waving in the breeze!!
Happy 5! Vivian loved it, but made a face the first time. Of course, she was a total chub that ate all the time :)
Post a Comment