I know these pictures are really old, but since I forgot my camera it took me a while to round up some pics from others.
These are all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids. I think about 8 people are missing.
My mom is in the front row w/her 3 siblings, in order of age (my Grandma is in the middle)
So, here is a summary on the Bumann Family Reunion: This year was the 20th year that we've been getting together at 'Adventureland Inn', outside of Des Moines, IA. We had a record attendance of 234 people! This year we decided to get matching T-shirts, color-coded by your 'immediate' family. So my Grandma was 1 of 11 kids, hence that many colors basically. Adventureland is an ammusement park but it's closed during the winter. Some relatives live close and don't stay at the hotel but most do. We have a big Thanksgiving lunch buffet on Sat. (graciously paid for by one of my Great Aunts), followed by a visit from Santa and a 'program'. This year my dad and another relative did a spoof on 'Antique Road Show' (was pretty funny). Then for the rest of the day and evening everyone hangs out and goes swimming, plays cards, goes to the casino next door, and eats lots of snackies! Sunday morning we have a big breakfast buffet and head home. We also stayed Friday night this year and guess what my family did: Kareoke of course!
I really don't remember ever missing an Adventureland since I was 9 years old. Maybe I did in HS for basketball or something, but otherwise I wouldn't miss it! Ryan has been 7 times now! It's awesome to see all of my relatives!
My cousin's kids (so these guys are all first cousins - FUN!). Ages 8 - 8 months. Each cousin has 3 kids. Hank, Lincoln, and Linley are the other great-grandchildren (not pictured).

No comments:
Post a Comment