Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our Texas Road Trip

Favorite pic of the trip:
These hats were purchased in Dallas of course (along with some boots for Ellie!)


Sorry it's taken me so long to post anything about my road trip! It's always a little overwhelming when you take 60 pictures or so and have to sift through them.

The Summary:

I worked on a Saturday and then my sister, Hank, and I loaded up and hit the road that evening. Ryan stayed home and worked while I spent money all week. ;)

We drove part way and stayed in a crappy hotel in Oklahoma where I discovered Hank had a temperature of 102.

We had a sleepless night and got to Allen (near Dallas) around 1:00pm the next day.

The rest of my family had already flew in and we all stayed with my Aunt Joanne and Uncle Lee (their daughters Jessica and Kendra live here in KS if you're trying to figure out my family tree).

Hank got better in a couple days.

My family flew home on Wednesday and my sister, Hank, and I drove to Houston. We stayed with my old college roommate, Lindsey, and I got to meet her 10 month old baby finally! I also got to see Colleen from my HS who is temporarily doing some residency work in Houston (but lives in San Antonio). Saturday morning we drove to Austin, hung out with my HS friend Lisa and her fam for a few hours, then made it back to Allen by that Saturday night. Sunday we drove straight home to KS.

Hank did great. My sister and I didn't get in a fight until Southern KS on the way home. It was a fun trip overall!! We had some great homemade meals (thanks Lindsey and Joanne!), went to IKEA in both Dallas and Houston (yes, I'm obsessed), and just in general hung out (lots of walks in the warm weather).

2 comments:

Melon said...

Love that picture! Sounds like you got to see alot of people and had good times!

Manda P. said...

Cute pic! Looks like you had tons of fun! I LOVE IKEA...I am soooo jealous you got to go!! :)