Wednesday, April 8, 2009

TX Road Trip - HOUSTON!

We had a great time this night. First we went out for sushi (where Lindsey Z. taught me that anything that says 'cream cheese' is the way to go). Then we went to an irish pub.
Our best attempt at Hank posing for a group picture (I had to tell him: 'look, there's a ball!', and he looked up and held still for once). I had to go out and buy Hank some shorts and a couple short-sleeved shirts because it was hard to imagine 70's and 80's when I packed in the 40 degree KS temps (plus it's not like Hank can carry over many clothes from last summer).


We went to the Houston rodeo and Hank did the pony rides. He loved it! They had lots of animals to look at in this particular barn. Then we went to the actual rodeo (very similar to the American Royal here in KC) and following that Pat Green had a concert (country singer - pretty good). I got to meet up with Colleen two nights in a row! Her temporary apartment is really close to the rodeo. Here she is advertising for Bud Light:


On our drive down from Dallas to Houston I took Lindsay to see this statue of 'Sam Houston'. When Ryan and I drove to Houston 5 years ago this statue caught us by surprise at 4am when it was all lit up right off highway 45.

sweetest baby girl ever! check out that bright red hair too; way more red than Hank's.

Hugs! (and kisses in another pic). We miss you Allison! Sadly I don't get to see these guys much because Lindsey is from St. Louis, so when she does go home it's not like I'm there. She met her husband when we studied abroad in Italy! ...no, he's not Italian (Allison would have no chance of red hair then), he went to Texas A&M and we shared the study center with them.

4 comments:

TheJacquets4 said...

She is a pretty girl, huh? That trip looks like fun and Hank is adorable as usual! Hello, Colleen!

Lisa Pisa said...

Cute pics! The horse ride deal is cool!

LindsiDee said...

Ok, so you would be surprised about the red hair and italians. I have a great friend Gaia. Obviously, italian. Dark hair, dark complexion, gorgeous. She married a man from the states who is blond and fair skinned. Together they have a bright red headed son! True story!

Linds

Manda P. said...

Hello Colleen!! Love the pics, the one of Hank and the little girl is cute! Love her hair!