Tuesday, May 5, 2009

new stuff for the house

I bought this fabric from IKEA and made these curtains. There's also another set for a double set of windows on the other side of the room. This is our upstairs 'miscelaneous' room (office, playroom, guest room). I was a little worried when I got the fabric home that it was too tan for the creamy colored walls, but i think it works. i need to find a new bedspread, not that i don't like my k-state throw blanket. ;) i did have a bold red comforter up here but i think i want to tone things down.

my first purchase on craig's list!
i think i got a good deal - $165 (i bargained) and it's still selling on the store's website! trust me, there were so many hideous couches on craigslist! i've decided that the cool retro booth is just not being used much at our house and would be better at one of my sibling's places. i'm trying to make this upstairs room not look so 'college-y' (random hodge-podge furniture). we're going to re-arrange the tv watching area so we needed some better seating.
oooh, and we also joined the flat screen tv club last month! ...thanks to the tax return. it's mounted on the wall in our living room (downstairs).
i've been busy adding more flowers and plants to our yard. ryan has gotten an area ready for our first vegetable garden!

4 comments:

Heather M. said...

Looking good, Adria. I've also been converting our under-utilized, college furniture loft area. It's gradually becoming a play room.

I really like that fabric! And FANTASTIC Craiglist find! Way to go

Anonymous said...

Tax return? You lucky dog. We got an extension and we are most definately PAYING! Ugh.

Lisa Pisa said...

I like the curtains! The fabric is really you! Good find on Craigslist! I have sold a lot of furniture on there and have had good luck not having any crazies come to my huse..heehee!

TheJacquets4 said...

Great price! and totally cool!