Thursday, August 21, 2008

All about Hank

just a nice lazy morning picture:Hank is quite the toddler now (14 1/2 mo. old). He LOVES to help and copy you. He wants to help put away groceries and dishes, and for example, if he sees me sweep or wipe something w/a rag, he immediately copies. He loves to help shut any kind of door or put on lids. He cries almost every morning when daddy leaves for work. He can climb up on the couch, bed, and chairs now. He watches very little TV, just doesn't care too. He can pretty much run now, and jump and spin in circles. He also walks backwards which is hilarious and I call him my little show pony. He sits well in the car - usually just zones out, chews on a toy, eats snacks, or falls asleep. He has 8 teeth (2 upper molars) and 2 bottom molars that I can't believe aren't through yet. This week he is sleeping through the night. Next week I'm sure will be another adventure. He knows where his ears are and where our eyes and nose are (but won't point to his own). He babbles quite a bit but the only words he says are uh-oh, hot, and hi (and he doesn't even say them all that often). He HATES having his diaper changed; that started around 8 months old. I haven't the slightest idea why - you'd think he'd be used to it by now. He doesn't like to cuddle and sleep with us (sleeps much better alone). He cries the minute he wakes up from a nap or in the morning. He won't sit and play in his crib on his own - he wants OUT! and wants to be where the action is. He takes about 1 nap a day now - still kind of transitioning from 2. The bottle has been gone for a good month or so. Peekaboo still never gets old, he loves it. He loves to play outside and is pretty able-bodied on the playground (goes down the slide alone now). He likes seeing other kids. He sure can hang on my leg and wine sometimes (wants picked up). It must be boring looking at everything from 2' off the ground though.
What other random things could I write? I'm sure I'll think of a million more when I go to bed. He's growing up so fast! He's just into everything - I call him the destroyer. I wonder when I can ever put my toilet paper back on the holder.
In other news I had my first Remicade infusion yesterday and it was a piece of cake! It was no big deal; got the IV in, 2 hours of the medicine - didn't feel any different (I mean, I'm sure it's working in a good way but it didn't make me feel crappy or anything). I told the nurse I was kind of looking forward to the relaxation time w/a 1 year old at home! ...plus there were snacks. hehehe. I go again in 3 weeks.

5 comments:

Lisa Pisa said...

He's getting so big! It all happens so quickly! Glad your infusion went so well!

Manda P. said...

He is getting so big! I love that pic of him too, with the kitties and all! I am glad your infusion went well, hopefully this works out for you and you don't have to have any surgery. Our thoughts are with you!

Manda P. said...

By the way, since everyone else is doing it.....when is baby #2 going to be on the way? :)

TheJacquets4 said...

That was really fun to read! I feel like I have a better picture of him and I can't believe how fast they grow! Glad your treatment went well!

Heather Joy said...

I loved reading all that Hank is doing. It's funny how much Reven does the same. Very glad that your treatment went so well!