Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oh, snap!

(sorry to bore you all with this post)
....but, correction: i mentioned my CT scan cost over $500 but no.....that bill is still on the way, whatever it may be. THIS bill is from my (special level 2) sonogram in Jan. of '07! i have been battling this jacked up mess for a year and a half now. too complicated to get in to, but much of it is thanks to my old HR 'department's' organization. errrrrr........
in HS or college they should make it a requirement for everyone to take an insurance class because apparently we all need to be experts.
ok, i'll stop whining now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll second the insurance class... I think they make it confusing on purpose so that they can make you pay whatever they want since you have no way of understanding their little "statements" Sorry to hear about the chrones again. ;(

TheJacquets4 said...

Totally a sign of the times. Unfortunately, any insurance class you took would be obsolete in a year's time. They change things SO fast. I don't understand it either. I just know it's their job not to pay out so as to maximize profits. So ALWAYS dispute an unpaid claim!

Heather Joy said...

I have always said what a waste of time Trig was. We should have been taking classes on how to play the stock market or learning to balance a checkbook or prepare our own tax returns. I guess this is just one more thing to add to my list. Ok, Heather, off the soap box!

Mandy said...

I think a class in the basics of life would have been nice too. Insurance, buying big items and what it means to take out a mortgage or loan, and all those things your parents took care of but never really talked to you about. Of course, maybe it is just a right of passage into adulthood to learn about these things as you go.

Unknown said...

I second that. After getting the pharmacy bill from the hospital after Lincoln's birth I decided to take my own Motrin with me to the hospital for baby #2. Every over the counter Motrin they gave me (which was every 4 hours for 4 days) was $12/pill!! Ridiculous mark up. Oh and the insurance company considered anything but the 24 hour post surgery epidural pain medication a "non-necessity". Yes....please cut me open and remove a child from me and then expect me not to need anything for the pain after one day of healing.

Lisa Pisa said...

Uh, yeah, I agree....you should come see what kind of bills I have after having Kendall in the NICU...yeah, it's not pretty!

Lisa Pisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Pisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.