The Parade
(he dripped like a water fountain; didn't know how to swallow the juice)
As some of you know, I was in 4-H and showed cattle (although there were so many other projects I did - everyone has the misconception that it's only for farm kids!). Hank and I went to the fair 3 of the 5 days (as a kid we spent the night all week!). Now that we're all grown up and out of 4-H it's not the same, but taking a 1 year old makes it more fun again. He had lots of 'firsts'. It's fun to run into so many people that we know - having a dad who's lived in LV his whole life will do that. Ryan had an architecture test and then a Bachelor party so he 'missed out' ...this year.
Animals
Kendra and Lindsay at the 4-H food stand:
notice Hank has a hold of my hair: he is hair obsessed! he is always wanting to grab/play with my hair through out the day and when he's drinking his milk at bedtime he wants to hold it like it's his security blanket (for babysitters/grandmas he also goes for the hair).
Hank (and Lincoln) LOVED riding the jeeps. I wasn't planning on him riding many rides but at the last minute I put him on this one when I saw other little ones. He loved turning the stearing wheel and was all grins while they were loading others on. Once the ride started he took a more laid back aproach and just sat back.
6 comments:
The fair...such fun memories! Looks like you're making new memories now!!!! How fun!
OMG, that last one is classic! I wish I could take Reven back to ride more. By the time we made it to the MGR, he was almost too tired to appreciate. That pic of your sis at the white picnic table is the same one we sat at this year!
Holy crap, how did we miss the fair this year!! DANG IT!! :( I love the pics, looks like you guys had so much fun. Adria, did you know I showed rabbits in 4-H? Yup, always always wanted to show cattle though, but yeah the parents wouldn't let me keep a cow in the back yard! :)
Wow, the fun! I can't believe Hank is big enough for rides and parades and suckers already! It's going so fast. Aren't they fun when they can start to do stuff?
Manda, I remember when you showed rabbits! Your whole basement was full of them... I remember your flemish giant!
I was always jealous when we were kids that you got to be in 4H. It always sounded like so much fun, but they didn't have anything like that for us "city kids".
Some advice about suckers...keep a couple dum dum's stashed in your purse/diaper bag for emergencys (when a quiet, still child is desired). Works every time!
Post a Comment