This post is bittersweet for me, but I still wanted to get these pictures up; I actually started it last night. I found out today that my Grandpa Fleenor passed away in his sleep this morning (my mom's dad). We knew this day could come at any time as his pep and health has been declining over the years. What is awesome is that many of us were able to spend time with him last week on our trip to the lake. We also got to see him in June for Hank's Birthday. He loved spending time with his great-grandkids.
Lake Okoboji is in Northern Iowa close to the MN border. It was a 6 hour drive for us and Hank did great. My parents, grandparents, brother Ellison, and my mom's brother Mason's family all came. Three of those cousins (Brandy, Brook, and Brittany) all have 3 kids each (ages 7 to 4 months). A lot of us stayed in 2 cabins near each other and we had a great time! There were lots of cook-outs, swimming, and playing. We took advantage of many of the free activities the resort offered like boat rides, water skiing, wine tasting, the welcome party, and crafts for the kids.
this was a miracle picture (trying to get them to all stay put for a few seconds). this is most of the group...well, minus 3 other kids!
One of our many 'Booze Cruises' - that's what Ryan and I liked to call them (from The Office). There was actually free booze if you preferred, as well as pop and snackies too!

Grandpa with Calvin and Kavian (3 1/2 years - Brittany's twins)
Me and sleepy Hank with Brianna (6 years old - Brook's girl)
Carley Jean (4 mo. - Brandy's girl)
6 comments:
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. We lost my granpa suddenly on Memorial day so I know how you're feeling. He absolutley adored Luke so I'm glad he got to know him for a little while. It looks like your grandpa felt the same way about his great grandkids.
Amie
I am so sorry about your grandpa. It does look like he enjoyed his great grankids and his family. Very cute pics that I am sure you will always treasure.
I'm sorry about your Grandpa, Adria. Those are some great pictures especially to have around to help you through and to show Hank when he gets older.
I'm sorry about your grandpa, too. It looks like you had fun w/ the family though & Booze cruise is pretty funny!
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. He was always so kind when we were at the fair. I am glad you were able to get to spend some time with him and your family on the lake. It was also fun seeing all your cousins and their kids.
I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa! It's great you were able to see him so recently. I'll have your family in my thoughts.
Post a Comment