
We had a great time in Branson last weekend with Ryan's parents. The timeshare we were in was a brand new building and it was so nice! Hank ran all over the place, loving all the attention from 4 of us all weekend long.
Friday night we went out to eat at an Italian restaurant in downtown that I found online and it was tasty. We had enough left-overs to take back for a full meal the next night! After dinner we walked around 'The Landing'. It's pretty neat, a little like 'The Legends' here in KC but it's along Lake Taneycomo. There are cool fountains and some street performers.
Saturday the guys went golfing and we met Ryan's Aunt Sheryl at the Carter's outlet. Hank's a lucky boy with a whole new fall wardrobe now. I think he timed it just right to feel feverish after only a couple stores so we wouldn't shop any longer. ;) Poor guy got sick on this trip - why does that always happen? He felt better on Sunday though. He woke up a couple times every night and was hard to get back to sleep, but I think it was mostly because he was in the same room as us. He's been sleeping GREAT for about 6 weeks and he's finally learned (thanks to a couple nights of 'cry-it-out') that he doesn't need mama to pat him on the back when he wakes at night. But when he woke in our Branson room mama and dada were 2 feet away.
Sunday was Silver Dollar City:


I thought this was a pretty porch. It actually overlooks a huge outdoor theater so there's quite a drop-off at the railing. Sheryl met us at Silver Dollar City for part of the day. She lives in Branson for part of the year and is a loyal blog checker of mine. Hi there!

Hank apparently loved riding the Frogs. You couldn't tell during the ride because he had such a straight face but he through a fit each time we had to get off. He'd just lay there limp in my arms whining and whining. Ryan and I went on a couple rollercoasters (plus the classic: 'Fire in the Hole') and they were fun! I did feel a little crappy afterwards; just can't do it like I used to.

It was quite festive all over the park (I hate this un-lady like squat I have going on).
Monday it was already time to go home. We stopped to take pictures of the damn because they were letting water out because of all the recent rain (something Dee had never seen of all the many times they've come to Branson). Hank's got an ornery face on.

We like to eat brunch at Big Cedar Lodge (it's delicious and we stuff ourselves!). It's so beautiful and nicely kept (owned by Bass Pro); you can rent cabins here.

3 generations of golfers. wonder when Hank will officially start...

a putt-putt obstacle

this would be a really great picture if the random kid wasn't in the background, but oh well (he was a really nice kid though). he would throw golf balls up the slide and hank would laugh and laugh.

It's nice to get away!
5 comments:
Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had alot of fun! And a new fall wardrobe...what more could you ask for?? :)
It looks really beautiful there...I so, so, soooo miss the Fall in the Northern states...(well, I guess Kansas is Central, but you know what I mean!)
Cute pics!! We LOVE big cedar, we go there a lot and my parents go there even more!! It's soooo gorgeous out there. Love the big fish pic!!
Looks like a fun pretty trip. I LOVE "Fire in the hole" It doesn't have the swirling hand w/ a hat anymore though does it?
Pretty pictures!
Post a Comment