Monday, October 20, 2008

he'll be tailgating in no time

I need to get to bed (story of my life) but wanted to get these posted. He posed so nicely for me! I finally got him a K-State shirt after many months of out growing the last one. (PS - I got this at the Dollar Store for $6 and they have KU ones and maybe Mizzou too). Ironically he went to his first football game a couple weekends ago - a KU football game! My parents took him (don't think my mom saw much of the game).
We had another busy and fun weekend. Friday night we ate at 'Local Burger' in Lawrence w/my fam and Joanne's fam. They were all going to the late night with the Jayhawks.
Sat. I worked and then we had Ryan's HS friend's wedding that was really fun. Hank stayed at my parents house so we were free to 'live it up'.
Sunday was church, then picking up Hank, then to Johnson's Farm w/Ryan's parents and then to their house for dinner. We didn't actually go into Johnson's though. We didn't want to fork over $8/person! Hank will get to do lots of outdoor stuff this fall anyway (we have a hayride/bonfire this weekend). He's happy with a stick at this point in this young life. So we just stayed on the 'free side' and took our pictures.
Today: we went to the zoo! I had free tickets (thanks Carrie!) that expired soon and today was a perfect fall weather day. The rest of the week is looking pretty soggy. Emily and Sherry came along and we had a good time. I can't remember the last time I had been to the KC zoo. How random is this though (for you HS friends): while at the zoo I looked at my phone and noticed I had missed a call from Colleen that morning. Literally 10 minutes later there she is! At the zoo! She and Ricky are in town all week so they went to the zoo along with Sara and their moms.
Have a good week everyone-

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey! I have a picture of you in third grade at the KC zoo. Have you been there since then?
Mandy

Melon said...

So cute....he looks so big in these pictures! Did Hank like the zoo? Liam loved going this summer... :)

Amie Williams said...

How do you get him to wear a hat?? Luke won't keep anything on his head, which is going to be a problem since his monkey costume for Halloween goes over his head. Sounds like you all are having a great fall!
Amie

Lisa Pisa said...

Heehee...he looks cute! Great deal on the shirt--it's a cute one, too! The zoo sounds so much fun! That's crazy you just ran into Colleen at the zoo-of all people!

Manda P. said...

Cute pics! That is so crazy you ran into them at the zoo!!! I love the zoo!